The exterior home windows withstand so many things on a daily basis, be it dust, cobweb, debris, water, and even snow in the winter. Because of this, it is important to clean the exterior home windows regularly lest your house looks dirty, unclean and less attractive. Below, we give you a brief guide that you can try to clean your exterior home windows and make them look amazing.
How to Clean the Windows
Before you clean exterior home windows, you need to prepare cleaning equipment first. The cleaning equipment will depend on what dirty your windows and the home exterior windows design. For example, if the dirt is easy to clean, a sponge or squeegee will suffice and so on. Now, let’s get to how to clean exterior home windows.
Quicken the Cleaning Process with Magnetic Window Cleaners
Let’s say you have lots of exterior home windows. If you clean them alone, it will take too much time and energy. What can you do? Here’s the right way to do it: use magnetic window cleaners. With magnetic window cleaners, you will be able to clean a window quickly as you clean its inner and outer parts at the same time.
If you are not used to magnetic window cleaners, it may take a bit of time to get used to it. Once you do, it will be a breeze to clean your windows. Magnetic window cleaners can be used on just about any kinds of windows and they are especially useful if the windows are hard to reach.
Mop Up the Windows
A mop is usually used to make the floor sparkling clean. Well, it can be used to make your exterior home windows as sparkling clean, too. A mop works especially well if your windows are mostly flat and don’t have intricate design. You can use it to clean windows that are too high for you as well.
Here’s how to use a mop to clean windows:
- Prepare a bucket and pour one part of vinegar with one part of water inside it. Mix the vinegar and water
- Dip a mop head (you can use a microfiber cloth as an alternative) into the mixture and attach it to the mop. Be sure that it is attached properly and won’t easily fall
- Clean the windows with the mop
- After most of the dirt is gone, take a clean microfiber cloth and spray a window cleaner on it
- Wipe the windows with the cloth and let them dry
Scrubber and Squeegee or Sponge
Squeegee is the right equipment if your exterior home windows have multipane. Multipane windows tend to have rectangular shapes, which makes it easier to clean using a squeegee. Here’s how to do it:
- First, you need to dip your scrubber and squeegee inside a window cleaning solution
- Then, wipe the window using the scrubber first. You can wipe the window vertically or horizontally, that’s up to you. Just make sure that the water flows to the unclean area
- After wiping the window with the solution, use the squeegee to clean the window. After each pulls from edge to edge, clean the squeegee. When you pull the squeegee, hold it tightly push it slightly so that there is a small pressure on the window screen. Keep doing this until the whole screen is clean
- Wipe the excess water using a clean cloth
- Alternatively, you can use a sponge instead of a squeegee
Alright, the above are the right ways to clean the exterior home windows. Not that difficult, isn’t it? Now that you know to clean the windows properly, you can ensure that they look amazing all the time. Good luck!
This Bathroom Vanity Bathroom Vanities A Complete Guide the gallery form House Cleaning 101: Many Ways to Clean the Exterior Home Windows. Hopefully you can find the best inspiration from our gallery here.